Breast Pumps Are Now Covered Under the Affordable Care Act.
The preventative care portion of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) states that health insurance plans must cover one Breast Pump per pregnancy with no cost sharing (no deductible or co-pay) for female members. This benefit applies to non-grandfathered plans with renewals starting on or after August 1, 2012.
Welcome New and Expecting Mothers
In order to obtain a Breast Pump covered by your insurance, you must buy your pump from any in-network durable medical equipment company (DME). Stores like Buy Buy Baby, BabiesRUs and Target are not DME companies, so Breast Pumps purchased from these retailers are not covered. As a result, Neb Doctors of Maryland, a DME supplier, is ready to provide you with a new Breast Pump. We are in-network with most major health insurance plans throughout Maryland and Washington DC.
How Do I Get a Free Breast Pump?
- Fill out our Breast Pump Request Form.
- Then simply download our Breast Pump Order Form. The form must be completely filled out, signed by you and prescribing physician/nurse practitioner.
- Completed form and to be faxed to Neb Doctors of Maryland at 410.335.6176 or mailed to Neb Doctors of Maryland, LLC at PO BOX 226, White Marsh, MD 21162.
- Once your Breast Pump Order Form is received and insurance benefit is verified, we call to help you choose the best Breast Pump for your breastfeeding needs. If you are interested in “UPGRADING” to a more deluxe Breast Pump Model, call our business office Monday through Friday 9:00am EST to 5:00pm EST at 410-335-6175 or 866-643-4020 for more details.
- We ship the Breast Pump directly to you, free of charge!