For more than three decades, phototherapy has been the standard for treating neonatal jaundice. The benefits of utilizing phototherapy devices instead of sunlight include: 24 hour treatment, greater efficacy by narrowing the spectral range to 430-490nm, improved temperature regulation, and the elimination of harmful UV irradiation to the patient from sunlight exposure.
- Compact and lightweight at only 13 oz., the BiliBee LED requires little storage space and is easy for new parents to use
- Simple design makes training easy
- Enables patient to be treated in the comfort of their own home which benefits bonding and no need to return to the hospital or be readmitted for treatment
- Completely maintenance-free, and the battery pack allows for up to 4 hours of portable use
The disposable sheaths are used to cover the LED illuminator pad like a sleeve as a barrier between the patient and the LED pad during treatment.
The BiliBee can be plugged in for extended use, but also comes equipped with a battery pack which provides an operation time of four hours.
The BiliBee is maintenance free with no moving parts or fiber optic cables, which further reduces hospital or distributor expenses.
The BiliBee LED Phototherapy System comes with a one-year warranty that can be extended up to five years.
The system is certified to IEC60601-2-50 “Particular Requirement for the Safety of Infant Phototherapy Equipment.”
Smaller and lighter than fiber optic units, the BiliBee is easier for nursing mothers to use.
AT HOME OR ON THE GO, THE BILIBEE PROVIDES INTENSE TREATMENT WHEREVER IT’S NEEDED
So convenient, mother and baby will forget it’s even there!
PORTABLE AND MAINTENANCE FREE
The BiliBee LED pad provides a completely portable and maintenance free system by eliminating the fiber optic cable found on competitors’ phototherapy systems. Treatment is applied by placing the patient on the BiliBee for 24 hours a day until the infant’s bilirubin levels have been effectively lowered to an acceptable level according to AAP guidelines.
- Light Band Width Peak: 455- 485 nm
- Irradiance Level: High setting: High Output Pad:
- 60 ± 10 ?W/cm2/nm*
- Mode of Operation: Designed for continuous operation.
*Irradiance level is the average of six points on the illuminator pad.
- Physical Characteristics
- Illuminator Pad Size: 4” W x 8” L x 0.4” H
- Treatment Area: 4” W X 6” L
- System Weight: Light panel < 0.5 lb
- Battery pack < 0.5 lb
- Environmental/Storage Conditions
- Operating Temperature: 15°C to 40°C (59°F to 140°F)
- Humidity: 0 to 95% RH
- Atmospheric Pressure: 500 hPa to 1060 hPa
- Storage Temperature: -5 to + 60°C (23 to 140°F)
- Portable Battery Pack
- 1.0 A at 3.3V
- Over-current Protection
- Electrical Characteristics
- AC Input Voltage: 1 A at 100/240 VAC 50/60 Hz
- Wattage: 50 watts maximum over- current protection
- Output Voltage: DC output voltage 1.0 A at 3.3V
- Key Elements for Phototherapy
- Irradiance intensity
- Light spectrum
- Surface area coverage
- AAP Guidelines
- Irradiance level at least 30 ?W•cm²•nm
- Wavelength between 430-490 nm
- Larger surface area, especially for combating extremely high bilirubin levels
- Distance between the infant and the light source is critical to spectral irradiance level
- BiliBee Phototherapy System
- Irradiance level at 60 ?W•cm²•nm with disposable cover
- Greater spectral range of 420-530 nm (peak 455-485 nm)
- Provides full coverage of neonate’s back
- For the most effective treatment, the BiliBee is placed in direct contact with the infant’s skin.